Thursday, June 13, 2013

I made it to Canada, eh!

Andi, me and my bike made it in one piece! We picked up the rental car and headed to Jasper with a pit stop in Rocky Mountain House at a nice little cabin. After being awake for nearly 20 hours we needed some sleep!

We finally made it to Jasper on Sunday and took some time to relax. I got my bike put together and got in a few rides. One of which was with the local group ride in town. There were some familiar faces from a year ago when we were here. It was a great ride and probably a little more than I wanted but super fun. Magic Ridge is epic! Andi and I got in some great hikes and got to see some stuff we missed last year as well.

Today we made the drive along the Icefield Parkway down to Banff. Got checked in to the hotel and had dinner with some of the other riders. There are a lot of folks here but I managed to get up with Scott Thigpen and Scott McConnell who both did the Trans North Georgia with me last summer. Tomorrow I'm planning to do a little shake down ride and eat as much food as possible!

I can't wait to get this thing started! Thanks for all the great support from everyone. Especially the folks at Magic Cycles, Trips for Kids WNC and my wife, Andi!





No comments:

Post a Comment