Saturday, May 25, 2013

Winding Down....Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock...

I feel very fortunate going into the Tour Divide knowing that I have so many great friends and family behind me.  I have been hearing a lot of encouraging words from everyone I see and it's great!  Not to mention all the support towards my fundraising.  So far, we have raised $1,575 for Trips for Kids WNC!  Thanks so much for all your support!  If you haven't donated yet and feel like it's something you would like to do head over to my donation page at

http://tripsforkidswnc.kintera.org/ryansigsbey
Part of the Support Crew
The race is getting close! My wife and I are flying to Canada on June 8 which is 2 weeks from today.  From there we'll spend a week relaxing and celebrating our 1 Year Anniversary of being married!  Last year we went to Banff for our honeymoon so it will be a nice chance to spend some time together before I embark on my journey.


I'm continuing to ride as much as possible and still dialing in my setup.  I'm not sure if this will ever end until I actually "start" the race.  Things seem to be falling into place and I am trying my best to just let things be.  I can only prepare so much for the unknown.  I recently have gotten things slimmed down a bit and no longer will be taking a Camelbak.  My tent has been tested through high winds (one time actually blowing over since I was too lazy to get out and tighten it down, but once it was tight, it held up great) and an all night down pour leaving me and all my things nice a dry.  I think it will be nice having a tent on the journey.  I can't imaging being inside a small bivy sack during that heavy rain.

Thanks again for all the support!  It's time for a bike ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment